Newsletter SignupSign up to receive our free weekly newsletter
News And Annoucements Index
A running log of First 5 LA's News And Annoucements
- December 3, 2012Term Limit Changes Could Alter the Look of Legislature
- December 3, 2012$22.6 million will provide nearly 800 homeless families with housing and services.
- November 26, 2012European Studies State Acting Early is Critical
- November 26, 2012Flu Vaccinations Available Throughout the County
- November 26, 2012Conclusions and Recommendations are Spelled Out
- November 26, 2012First 5 LA Funding Supports Breastfeeding Education Efforts
- November 5, 2012First 5 LA Grantee Making a Difference Among Thousands of Children
- November 5, 2012Parents Learn More About All-Inclusive Playgrounds and Games
- November 5, 2012Signing Has Positive Effect on Hearing Children's Development
- November 5, 2012First 5 LA Grantee Uses Innovative Tool to Reach High-Risk Women
- October 29, 2012Annual Accountability & Learning Report Details First 5 LA Investments in Communities
- October 29, 2012Programs Offered to Better Engage Fathers When it Comes to Raising Children
- October 29, 2012Male Role Models Play Crucial Role When Raising Children
- October 29, 2012Five winners to Each Take Home a $2,000 Cash Award
- Deadline to Transition Low-Income Children From Healthy Families Program to Medi-Cal Meets ResistanceOctober 29, 2012Legislators and Children's Advocates Ask for More Time to Study Plan
- October 22, 2012First 5 LA and UCLA Release Studies on How ECE Affects Local Economy and Future Workforce
- October 22, 2012First 5 LA Commits to Building Stronger, More Effective Relationships With Its Grantees.
- October 22, 2012Cost of Caring for a Child Increases 3.5 Percent From 2010
- October 22, 2012Law is last resort for some distressed parents
- October 15, 2012Lawmakers, officials and service providers discuss policies behind child abuse neglect prevention.
- October 15, 2012The CEO of one such community-based organization shared criticisms and recommendations for funders.
- October 15, 2012Mapping technologies help grantmakers make funding decisions based on credible data about the communities they serve.
- October 15, 2012Child care facilities must comply with new crib safety standards starting Dec. 28.
- October 15, 2012The First 5 LA policy grantee helped ensure that low-income pregnant women continue receiving dental care.
- KIM BELSHÉ, FORMER SECRETARY OF CALIFORNIA HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY, SELECTED TO LEAD FIRST 5 LAOctober 11, 2012Kim Belshé has been named the new Executive Director of First 5 LA.
- October 11, 2012First 5 LA's efforts and funds are improving Los Angeles County's breastfeeding rates through its Baby Friendly Hospital Project.
- October 1, 2012The First 5 LA Partnerships for Families grantee, celebrating its 40th anniversary, takes a family-centered approach.
- October 1, 2012A new First 5 LA research brief examines the strengths and weaknesses of the LAUP provider coaching model.
- October 1, 2012Census Bureau statistics reflect greater need for public services for young children and their families in L.A. County.
- October 1, 2012Recent studies on the learning disorder will lead to earlier and better treatment success.